Colonel Jamie D. Lindman is the Vice Wing Commander, 133rd Airlift Wing, Minnesota Air National Guard, St. Paul, Minn. He assumed his current position in August 2019 and is responsible for oversight of the Wing Headquarter’s units and staff to include the Comptroller Flight, Wing Safety, Chaplain, Public Affairs, and multiple programs including Equal Opportunity, Community Action, and Diversity. The 133rd Airlift Wing is comprised of the 133rd Operations Group, 133rd Maintenance Group, 133rd Medical Group, and the 133rd Mission Support Group. In addition, the 133rd AW provides support to the 210th Engineering Installation Squadron and the 208th Weather Flight. The 133rd AW is responsible for organizing, equipping and training personnel for worldwide deployments to provide necessary combat-ready forces to combatant commanders, Air Mobility Command and the state of Minnesota. Col. Lindman is responsible for the war fighting capability and operational readiness of unit assigned C-130 aircraft, equipment and personnel.
Col. Lindman swore into the United States Air Force Academy in June 1991, graduating with a regular commission in 1995. He attended Undergraduate Navigator Training at Pensacola NAS and Randolph Air Force Base. In February 1997, he completed C-130 Navigator Training at Little Rock AFB, with a follow-on training at Kirtland AFB. He had assignments with the 71st Rescue Squadron (ACC) at both Patrick AFB and Moody AFB. He deployed numerous times in support of Operations SOUTHERN WATCH, NORTHERN WATCH, and DESERT FOX and served as the 347th Operations Group Executive Officer.
In 2002, Col. Lindman joined the 133rd Airlift Wing. He served several capacities with the 133rd Operations Group including Tactics Officer, Scheduler, Chief of Standardization and Evaluations, 109th Airlift Squadron Director of Operations, and 109th Airlift Squadron Commander. He also served the 133rd Maintenance Group as the 133rd Aircraft Maintenance Squadron Commander. Col. Lindman has served in Operations JOINT FORGE, CORONET OAK, IRAQI FREEDOM, ENDURING FREEDOM and INHERENT RESOLVE.
1995 Bachelor in Science of Social Science, US Air Force Academy, Colo.
1996 Joint Undergraduate Navigator Training Initial Course, Pensacola NAS, Fla.
1997 Joint Undergraduate Navigator Training, Randolph AFB, Texas
1997 C-130 Mission Navigator Course, Little Rock AFB, Ark.
1997 HC-130P Combat Rescue Mission Course, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
1998 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1999 Advanced Airlift Tactical Training Course, St. Joseph, Mo.
2000 Navigator Instructor School, Little Rock AFB, Ark.
2002 C-130H Mission Qualification Course, Dobbins ARB, Texas
2007 Advanced Airlift Tactical Training Course, St. Joseph, Mo.
2010 Air Command and Staff College, Air University, by correspondence
2013 Reserve Component National Security Course, Ft. George Meade, Md.
2015 Mobility Commanders Tactics Course, St. Joseph, Mo.
2015 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, by correspondence
2016 Commanders Development Course, Air National Guard Readiness Center, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
2018 Aircraft Maintenance Officer Course, Sheppard AFB, Texas
1. June 1991- May 1995, Cadet, United States Air Force Academy, Colo.
2. May 1995 – March 1996, Student, Undergraduate Navigator Training, Naval Air Station Pensacola
3. March 1996 – February 1997, Student, Joint Undergraduate Navigator Training, Randolph AFB
4. February 1997 - August 2001, HC-130P Instructor Navigator, 71st Rescue Squadron, Moody AFB, Ga.
5. August 2001 - May 2002, Executive Officer, 347th Operations Group, Moody AFB, Ga.
6. May 2002 – November 2009, Mission Navigator, 109th Airlift Squadron, St. Paul, Minn.
7. November 2009 – February 2011, Standardization and Evaluation Liaison Officer, 133rd Operations Group, St. Paul, Minn.
8. February 2011 – August 2013, Chief of Standardization and Evaluations, 133rd Operations Group, St. Paul, Minn.
9. August 2013- May 2014, Director of Operations, 109th Airlift Squadron, St. Paul, Minn.
10. May 2014 – July 2015, Director of Operations, 133rd Operations Support Squadron, St. Paul, Minn.
11. July 2015 – August 2015, Commander, 13rd Expeditionary Airlift Squadron, Pacific Air Force
12. September 2015 – September 2018, Commander, 109th Airlift Squadron, St. Paul, Minn.
13. July 2017 – November 2017, Commander, 737th Expeditionary Airlift Squadron, U.S. Central Command
14. September 2018 – August 2019 Commander, 133rd Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, St. Paul, Minn.
15. August 2019 – Present, Vice Commander, 133rd Airlift Wing, St. Paul, Minn.
Rating: Master Navigator
Flight Hours: 4625
Aircraft Flown: T-43, T-1, C-130E, HC-130P, MC-130P, MC-130H, C-130H2, C-130H3
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS:
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION:
Second Lieutenant May 31, 1995
First Lieutenant May 31, 1997
Captain May 31, 1999
Major May 31, 2003
Lieutenant Colonel May 01, 2010
Colonel Nov. 01, 2019
(Current as of January 2020)